Activity Details in Google Sheets
Activity Schedule in Google Docs
Summary of this week’s activities
First, let’s review my activities during this week. I had three run activities in this week. On Tuesday (19/08) I had a 12.31K run with the following averages: (12.31 K, 4:59 min/km, 169 bpm, 45m elevation gain). On Wednesday (21/08) I had a 19K run with the following averages: (19 K, 5:45 min/km, 152 bpm, 57m elevation gain). On Saturday (23/08) I had another 19K run with the following averages: (19.01 K, 5:21 min/km, 160 bpm, 50m elevation gain).
|18||12K run||20||Long 19K run||22||Long 19K run||24||50.3 km Run|
VO2Max and weekly mileage
My VO2Max this week in my (Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday) activities were (51, 51, 51) ml/kg/min respectively. Also my weekly mileage this week was 50.3 km run.
About individual runs
On Thursday (21/08): First 12K: As the first invariant, I tried to keep my cadence around 180 spm. As the second invariant, I tried to keep my power balanced for a 20K or 30K run. As a consecutive result of keeping the power steady, my stride length was determined. The stride length varied mainly depend on the slope and hardness of the rode , but it was always between 1.13m-1.18m . I can remember in past for long distance runs, after trying to keep my cadence around 180 spm, I was also trying to have long stride lengths which wasn’t consistence with my overall power and that caused me to have an imbalanced run for the last parts of it. This time I can say I had a pretty balanced run as my cadence was successfully always 180+/-4 spm and my other running dynamics was also steady. After 12K: in the middle of the 12th , I suddenly felt pain in my left knee and also the upper and outer part of my left foot. As I had the same pain exactly in the same distance and also from the same part two days ago (except that I didn’t have pain from the upper part of my foot), I decided to finish a 19K race, even with a very low speed. At first I tried to keep my cadence balance which was almost successful up to the 15th K (however it decreased to 172spm), but my run was completely disturbed in the last 4K due to the pain, as my cadence decreased to 162spm and my pace also increased up to 8:02 min/km. Anyways I am satisfied of the run, cause I guess continuing this was (finishing the race with the highest possible speed due to the injury limitation) would ultimately improve the injury and increase my physical fitness.
On Saturday (23/08): It was a good run. I guess I found a pattern in my runs regarding my cadence. I can adjust my cadence much easier when I am running faster (i.e. pace less than or equal 5:00 min/km) compared to the slower runs (i.e. pace greater than 5:15 or 5:30 min/km ) At least my ear can easily recognize the frequency for the 180 spm in higher speeds. When I am running slower (particularly for the the second 10km of the run) , I am not having a correct run. Also regarding this specific run, the pain in my left knee was much lower compared to the previous run, I didn’t have any pain in the upper and outer part of my left foot, I just felt a one time sudden hurt in my left knee at 15km but it was just a second. Also at the beginning of this run and the previous one, I had pain in the lower right part of my stomach, but it gradually disappeared during the run (maybe disappeared after about 3km or even less) My knees are also much more comfortable after this run compared to the previous three runs as I feel maybe I can go for a 10km the day after (but I won’t and prefer not to push it too much)